Please Note: This event has expired.
An Introduction to Frame Drum Wisdom
An Introduction to Frame Drum Wisdom with Karen Renée Robb Join us as we explore the mystery of sound through the ancient wisdom of the frame drum. Together we will sound, sing and chant into the frame drum creating a beautiful, “other worldly” resonance; learn to drum over others creating a stress reducing, calming effect; and just play together finding new ways to interact with the drum and each other.
As we each connect with the drum, we find the beauty, strength and power of our own unique voice. Frame drums will be provided for the gathering. No drumming or musical experience is required as this is a new (yet old) way of being with the drum. Just a bit of childlike wonder and an open mind is all you need to bring.
This play-shop is uniquely designed to:
Reclaim Your Voice For Healing – Your Voice Matters
– Embrace your authentic voice and personal power – speak your truth, express your emotions and sound your unique song.
– Discover how our voice is uniquely designed for your body, mind, emotional and spiritual well-being – resonate your sound, your voice, in your body.
– Experience a unique tool for communication, connection, creativity and improvisation.
Learn Sound Vibration Massage – Drum Away Stress
– Experience and share the relaxation of a full body massage in less than 4 minutes without being physically touched.
– Calm the mental “monkey mind” and reduces stress and tension.
– Feel how sound moves through your body – making your skin, bones, organs, hands and feet vibrate, tingle and energize your body.
“I believe that we each have healing power within our very own voices. Singing, toning, chanting is not just for the masters of music, the people deemed by society to be the official entertainers …it is for everyone. It is accessible wherever we are, wherever we go. The key is to help people realize that their own authentic voice matters, first and foremost and then show them how they can use it to be well and stay healthy.”
– Karen Renée Robb, Founder of Frame Drum Wisdom
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
Additional time info:
Arrive 15 minutes prior to start time if you plan to pay on the day of.
107 Donelson Pike, Suite B (upstairs), Nashville, TN 37214