Please Note: This event has expired.
Cornbread and Moonshine Bash
Join us for the Cornbread and Moonshine Bash on May 7 in Historic Granville, TN.
Cornbread Contest and Cook-off! Entries taken from 9:00am to 9:30am at Pioneer Village.
Made in large cast iron skillet
No muffins or corn sticks
Any type of cornbread allowed
- Categories are Traditional and Non-Traditional
- Recipe must be submitted upon entry
- Judging on taste, appearance, consistency, and aroma
- Must be brought in disposable dish, unsliced.
- Cornbread will be served to visitors
- Awards 11:00am
- Prizes: Each Participant receives a bag of Eller Grist Mill fresh-ground cornmeal.
- 1st Place $25.00, 2nd Place $15.00, 3rd Place $10.00
- Plus Prizes from Lodge Skillet
For more information, call (931) 653-4151
Cornbread Lane – Walk down Cornbread Lane tasting cornbread at each Pioneer Building and eat a pioneer meal of pinto beans with ham, turnip greens, and cobbler. The Grist Mill will be grinding fresh meal, and hot water cornbread will be served from fresh ground meal. Cast iron cooking at the Pioneer Cabin serving cracklin’ cornbread.
Craftsmen — Craftsmen of yesteryear operating Pioneer Village, as well as 19th Alabama 1860 re-enactment in period clothing.
Moonshine Bash — Visit moonshiners of the past as they demonstrate moonshine making and tell stories of old. Featured will be Short Mountain Distillery, Arno Hatcher of Celina, Raef Hollister of the Andy Griffith Show portrayed by Leon Jeans, Dr. Op Walker as he tells “Dry Hollow Moonshine” stories, and Dr. Roger McKinney displaying a still. Visitors will also tour the Whistle Stop Saloon that tells the story of Hop T. Lee, moonshiner.
“Journey to the Promised Land” Outdoor Dinner Play — May 6th and 7th
Contact: (931) 653-4151
186 Clover St., Granville, TN 38564