Please Note: This event has expired.
From robotics to rocketry and radio communications, the 14th annual Engineering Day will provide hands-on opportunities to learn about different aspects of the engineering design process from local engineers and explore exciting student STEM projects while gaining a better understanding of concepts used in the field.
- Build and test structures on an earthquake shake table, make and race cars on a pinewood derby ramp, create and fly gliders made from straws, and more.
- Watch middle and high school robotics teams demonstrate their robots and compete in scrimmages in preparation for this year’s VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) Games Challenge – Nothing But Net; an exciting, fast-paced game in which robots try to score in a variety of ways.
- Learn about Middle Tennessee Robotics Arts Society’s latest exciting projects as they demonstrate their human transport devices and competition battle robots.
- Meet the Fisk Altitude Achievement Missile Team and learn more about their award winning rocketry and robotic club initiatives.
- Explore the importance of amateur radio communications as the Nashville Amateur Radio Club, Inc. presents live demonstrations that provide critical communications in emergencies.
- Participate with leaders from Zip Tie Domes™ to participate in a group build activity to assemble a large geodesic dome.
- Explore architectural, construction and engineering projects developed by high school students involved in the Nashville affiliate of the ACE Mentor Program.
800 Fort Negley Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37203